Friday, November 7, 2008

What you gain from all these?

This was a serious question which I heard from a set of small kids. It was a killer thought for me.... "What you gain from all these?" We went for a trek to Ombattu Gudde. All we had was 9 people with a compas and map and heavy backpack. Ombattu Gudde is thick evergreen forest and path to the peak is so confusing. View at the top is really breathtaking and was really amazed with the pictures of the peak from other sites. We had an idea that one more set of people are trying to hit the peak the same weekend. So we reached base village and started walking. Some or the other place we got to wrong place and then map and compas was really waste as we were having no idea where we were standing... Some what like our life :) At last in the evening we reached some place which is somewhat like a top of waterfall which has less water as its summer. Dangerous situation... Tourch cells were draining, had a chance of rain.... All we had was some petrol, we made some fire and hoped wild animals won't come near us seeing fire. We have few rocks which each one can lye on.. So few people decided to do gaurd when others sleep and decided we will shift this duty.... But danger will be if rain comes as tourches will drain off within couple of hours and fire will go off if its raining... 
That was the first morning when I really felt so much happy when sun was coming out.... Really felt that we got one more day... Everyone was so happy and smiles were everywhere as we were not attacked by any animals... May be animals were thinking the same too :)
After all these adventure, we could realize that we are completely lost to find the path to the peak and has to go back via the base village itself. So we walked down and spend some long time in the river playing with water and refreshing and all. Atlast we approached the base village. There was a bunch of kids playing cricket. When we were coming, they started telling each other in a local language hoping no one in our group know that language and I was knowing this language. 
Kids talk was something like "Oh these people also couldn't make reaching the peak.. One group already passed this way as they couldn't make it even... Has to work hard to reach the peak... Lazy can't make it. And what's use of going for it? What do they gain by going to peak? Take some pictures? What do they gain by taking picture - taking all the risk and difficulties? What's the use of all these difficulties?"

I really started thinking why do I do all these? Really senseless. I do a lot of things and some with great difficulty too... But what's the need? Why do I do all these? Atleast it's just sensible for me... Others won't find any sense in the things which I do. As it's all personal interests.... So why do I expect others to do similar things as I do? Don't I feel a lot of people as weird? Doing stupid things? I guess I am that kid a lot of times in my life... Blaming a lot of people and trying to laugh at those people who take initiative and try to do new things in life and try to make fun of them who fails some times... am I not expected to support and cheer up those? and what do I do? and what do I gain from all these? from laughing at them?
Ya I reached back to the first question...
"What do I gain from all these?"

No comments: