Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Survival of fittest - Kill the silent

Recently I payed a visit to Coorg and on the way back we visited Bylakuppe. This is a tibetian settlement in Karnataka. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bylakuppe. I was used to love this place. Two were the reasons.
  1. I personally have a small affinity towards budhism.
  2. I have a soft corner for Tibetians and like their dress code and feel their face itself stands for peace and that peace transfers to us when we see them itself.
So I was so excited when I heard that I might be able to visit them again. I was ready with my camera too as I like photographing them even. When we reached we heard their prayer from distance which will make vibrations in anyones minds. While entering one of our team member was describing about history and was telling Tibet is part of India. I tried to tell him it's not( didn't worked out ). When I reached near their prayer hall, I was feeling the peace and was getting involved in their chant sounds and music though I don't know any of their things.

But I found it's difficult to be their with concentration as people( this include kids of 11 till above 50 ) were making lot of rush running here and there and in main prayer hall I tried to sit some times and photo flashes were flashing every 5 seconds. Slim digital cameras, mobile cameras etc every where... Lot of people posing infront of praying people as its a rare scene. I was really iritated by now. Isn't it a huge arrogance? DIGITAL ARROGANCE?

I really felt sad for them. People who are so calm and peaceful. They were attacked in their own country and had to run away from their country and now we went to that place and started attacking them showing we have these digital devices? and try not to give them any peace even during their prayer and sleep.

I was really irritated and came outside and I saw most peaceful people now running as each person asking them to pose with them. I guess they may be now spending 2 hrs a day posing like a statue for some unknown people. I just imagined how it will be like if 10 people ask me to pose with them when I go to office in the morning :O

What he is different from me? Is he not a human? haha if he is not a human I can attack with some digital device? May be I see similar faces when I go some remote villages and take pictures of kids. May be they are wondering whats different about them that I am taking their picture.

Now I really felt bad and didn't had any wish to touch on my camera. Are we making some set of people as rare species? Like we did about animals? If yes what was the difference from us with them? May be it's that they are people who don't get angry so fast just as we can do? May be it's true. We are just arrogant to those who are calm and silent. We make their life so worst and make them decide to run away, to corners of world.

No comments: